Naming the Ship

Our KOTOR campaign.
NukeHavoc

Naming the Ship

Post by NukeHavoc »

What do we want the ship's name to be?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Keeping with the traditions of Star Wars, it should be named after a raptor of some sort, FREX the "STORM EAGLE"

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

The Aeon Harrier?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I like the bird-of-prey tie-in. Cory, any opinions?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:I like the bird-of-prey tie-in. Cory, any opinions?
Black Canary FTW!!!! :p

(you non-dc folks won't even get it.)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Freighters look stupid in fishnets! :D
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:Freighters look stupid in fishnets! :D
Not if we paint a Twi'lek in fishnets on the side ......

Duh! :P
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Actually, with precedents like the Jade Falcon and the Ebon Hawk, the Black Canary doesn't seem like that much of a joke. In fact, I don't think it sounds too bad at all.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Not if we paint a Twi'lek in fishnets on the side ...
I like this idea. Talk about instant character in a ship... But as for a name, well, Black Canary's a little too ... comic-booky for me. :) I like the bird of prey angle though.

What other avians do we have?
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Alternatively, the example 578-R in the book is called the Last Resort. We could go with a more abstract name like that, and call it the Lost Hope, or something.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:Alternatively, the example 578-R in the book is called the Last Resort. We could go with a more abstract name like that, and call it the Lost Hope, or something.
I like it. Nice play on Episode IV, and given the ramshackle nature of the ship (the 578-R isn't the most reliable ship in the book, per the flavor text) it's fits.
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:
Jonkga wrote:Alternatively, the example 578-R in the book is called the Last Resort. We could go with a more abstract name like that, and call it the Lost Hope, or something.
I like it. Nice play on Episode IV, and given the ramshackle nature of the ship (the 578-R isn't the most reliable ship in the book, per the flavor text) it's fits.
A little depressing/fatalistic for a jedi taxi, but I do like it. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

That said, the name of a ship says something about its captain, so I'd like to hear Cory's take on this.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Honestly I've been kind of overwhelmed with all the ship stuff. Not actually being able to participate in the play-tests thus far leave me confused trying to read through the discussions. Couple that with the housework, and I haven't really had the time/ambition to try and sit down with the books to figure it all out.

So while I'm still interested in taking some piloting skills, I'm not sure I'm in the position to play the captain anymore.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Well, we could make it a bit less depressing and call it the Stellar Hope, or something like that...