WoW Roll Call

The former Blackrazor addiction.
Hardcorhobbs

Re: WoW Roll Call

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm still waiting to roll up a goblin. I don't even need a class, I just want to play as a goblin.
erilar

Post by erilar »

You could roll a Blood Elf in that case too - they also have "no class"... [hardy har...]
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Ok, I signed up for a subscription... I made a Stormwind Human Rogue in Frostwolf and poopsocked up to level 12 so far

Yeah, Right... APRIL FOOLS :twisted:
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

setanta14 wrote:Yeah, Right... APRIL FOOLS :twisted:

lol :lol:
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm installing Warcraft now. :)

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Awesome!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Pah. The patch downloader isn't playing nice with the work firewall, so I'll need to wait to finish patching WoW until tonight.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Yahoo - good news!

There are a couple ports you have to open for the downloader to work at its best. See the WoW web page under the support section - it's easy to find. Call me tonight if you have any trouble.

Warning: it will take a LONG time to patch up your game from the original game disk. You might not want to get excited about playing tonight - it may take hours to DL. The other option would be to pick up the expansion install DVDs from my house - patching after tBC and WotLK is installed will be much quicker. (You don't need to have a tBC or WotLK account to install them.)

Let's post our character names here so Ken can add our chars to his Friend list. (Ken you type "/friend CharName") Again, we're on the Thunderhorn realm. Very important to create your Alliance toon there if you want to play with us.

Lance:
Erilar (80 hunter)
Furilar (36 feral druid)
Feyla (my banker)
Desdinova (57 death knight)

Zack:
Zugulor (36 hunter)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the lovely firewall issues. I've opened up the appropriate ports on my Mac, but I think that there's still an issue with the college throttling World of Warcraft traffic. No big deal; I wasn't expecting to get on right away.
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:Yeah, I'd forgotten about the lovely firewall issues. I've opened up the appropriate ports on my Mac, but I think that there's still an issue with the college throttling World of Warcraft traffic. No big deal; I wasn't expecting to get on right away.
See edit to my post above re patching.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Warning: it will take a LONG time to patch up your game from the original game disk. You might not want to get excited about playing tonight - it may take hours to DL. The other option would be to pick up the expansion install DVDs from my house - patching after tBC and WotLK is installed will be much quicker. (You don't need to have a tBC or WotLK account to install them.)
Yeah, I expected as much. I figure I'll just let it download overnight and deal with it tomorrow. If it's not patched by then, I'll use your discs (so bring 'em along).

Do you guys have a preference on what expansion I get? I'm partial to the Lich King since I liked the Frozen Throne storyline in Warcraft 3.

ken
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'm not sure you can do the WotLK without first installing BC.
erilar

Post by erilar »

tBC is lvl 60-70 content, and WotLK is lvl 70-80. You can't do the latter without first doing the former.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:tBC is lvl 60-70 content, and WotLK is lvl 70-80. You can't do the latter without first doing the former.
Ah, so there's no lower-level content in either game?

Clearly I have my work cut out for me. :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Burning Crusade offered new starting zones (lvl 0-10, and 11-20) for Draenei and Blood Elf characters. If you don't install tBC, you can't go to those zones. If you aren't going to play either of those races though, there's no specific reason to go there.

tBC also introduced Jewelcrafting. If you want to take that profession, you have to buy tBC.

Otherwise, you won't need tBC until you're lvl 58, and won't need WotLK until you're lvl 68. Don't worry, there's LOTS to do in old world Azeroth! :D