Grouping this week?

The former Blackrazor addiction.
erilar

Grouping this week?

Post by erilar »

OK, guys. Jon's back on daylight - time for more grouping!

So, we've got two sets of chars to play.

Elves (and Zil):
Deadmines, baby!!! Let's instance!

Geezer Horde:
Ragefire Chasm - more instancing, w00t!

Ken and Cory - what nights this week can you play?

Me, I'm probably hanging with Heather tonight since Jon and I played last night (unless she poops out 'cause of her cold). GTG for whatever days later in the week.

L
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Tuesday should work for me. I have to check with Sue. That said, I'm fighting the good fight with Sue's Vaio tonight (damn thing keeps freezing up ... don't ask me why) and if I can't nail it down then I may have to bag tomorrow).
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

MC and I are plannign to hit ragefire tuesday night. I'd say around 8 or so.
erilar

Post by erilar »

OK, so if Jon can make it, that makes:

Jon druid 14
Cory warlock ??
MC hunter ??
Ken warlock 13 -or- druid 13
Lance shaman 14

The only downside is no tank, but for this instance I bet we can handle it. We can either use the ample pets to hold aggro, or a druid in bear form (if we go with two druids). Cool!

Has anyone picked up the Ragefire Chasm quest from Undercity? At least one of us needs to do this, and then we can share the quest. The RFC quest is given by the big demon guy who is the Dark Lady's right hand man. He's right in the throne room with her. One can take a zeppelin from outside Org to Brill/UC. The other two quest-givers are right in IF and the quests are sharable (I think - will check on this).

What starting time works for you guys? The earlier the better for me - I prefer 8pm-ish.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

I found one RFC quest series that has a prerequisite. It is the Hidden Enemies quest series.

The series of quests starts with this quest, given by Thrall (the Orc leader) himself. It requires a quick crawl in a small dungeon called Skull Rock just to the east of the Orgrimmar gate.

After turning that part in, Thrall gives the second quest, which is the part in Ragefire. Try to get this first part done if you can, because the item rewards for completing the series are pretty cool.

Maybe if we can get together at a decent time tomorrow, we can knock out the Skull Rock part together real quick before entering Ragefire?

Here are the other three Ragefire quests that I found. They seem to have no pre-requisites.

The "Power to Destroy" one is the one that someone needs to pick up from Varimathras the dreadlord in Undercity. I think I might be able to swing that, but depends on how my night goes tonight.

The other two are from Neeru Fireblade, who is right by the entrance to RFC.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I think I've got one of those, and with any luck I can knock it out quickly tonight. Again, depending on the Vaio, which following the Second Rule of Trouble Shooting, isn't actually crashing when I use it.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

If you do Deadmines (the one in Westfall, richtig?) let me know; we tried last nite with Durric (Pal17) and another Pal16 and we kept getting our clock cleaned.

Otherwise, the only other adventures I still have to do in Westfall are the Ghost adventures and the last (or near-to-last) tier of the Defias bandit adventure.

Damon.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Try to get a few levels under your belt. A rule of thumb is: if the mob is more than 4 levels higher than you, you will miss so frequently that you won't be able to compete. So, if the average mob level in Deadmines is say 23, you want to be around 21 anyways.

Then there's elite monsters - the ones with the gold dragon frame around their portraits when you select them. Those can have up to 4x the HP of a normal mob of that lvl, and many times hit harder as well. Soloing a single elite mob of your level is usually a very risky. Two = you very dead and ghosty.

An example: Erilar (lvl 58 ) and Tarrek (lvl 55) were in an instance dungeon called Maraudon last night. These single elite lvl 45 plants were a tough fight for us.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Durric actually just hit 18th level today...

When we went in last time, most of the guys we had encountered so far were of the same level as me...unless I missed something (or didn't get far).

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I think we should do RFC tonight, and Deadmines next week. That way Damon can be high enough level to adventure with us. Sound like a plan?
erilar

Post by erilar »

Perfect! By tonight, you mean tomorrow night, yes?
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Wasp and Tran are 13 or 14. Its been a week so I dont really remember. I think we have 3 quests for down there. Including the one from thrall. Should be good to go a bit after 8. We're doing alot of sanding tonight, and MC has class until like 745. So we'll catch you guys then.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Wasp and Tran are 13 or 14. Its been a week so I dont really remember. I think we have 3 quests for down there. Including the one from thrall. Should be good to go a bit after 8. We're doing alot of sanding tonight, and MC has class until like 745. So we'll catch you guys then.
Yes, I meant tonight. Dorne, my shaman, is 16th level now. I'm in Thunder Bluff right now (needed to pick up some higher level powers), but I've got all the flight pathes now, so I should be up to the big city in no time.

Sue and I are going out to dinner tonight, but I should be home by 8 or 8:30, so please don't start without me. :)

Ken
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Well that was certainly fubar'd. I was able to get on again after an hour or so, but given everything else that was going wrong, we just seemed destined not to finish RFC last night. :)

Want to try on Thursday?
erilar

Post by erilar »

Okay by me. Cory? Jon?

Cory, what was MC's deal? When we make plans, we expect people to show up - especially when we're running instances. To be blunt, we just don't have enough free time to be casual about plans. Typically, we can finagle one night per week when we can all play.

Straight up, gaming time is precious to me and I really hate it when a gaming night is blown. Obviously, if this was something out of his control, we understand - we all have those moments. A heads-up call would be nice in the future, though.