Borderlands

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
Jonkga

Re: Borderlands

Post by Jonkga »

My Brick is only level 10, so I've got some work to do to catch up with you guys. Also, I'm working on a "throw in grenades then run in to pummel stuff" build, so I'm not sure exactly how well that'll play with others.

Deb started a siren, whom she got to level 10 or so, but she doesn't like her much, and has a hunter she leveled to about 15 or so.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Well, due to my build, if I happen to shoot you, then I'll heal you. So, no big problem with your build working with mine. I also use grenades a lot, and took a talent that makes my grenades regenerate (~2 per minute). Not sure if my grenades will hurt you though. If they do, I can get the grenade mod that is vampiric - steals health from the baddies and send it to the closest team member (probably you). :)

I suspect that your build will also work with Cory, since he's a long-range precise shooter like Deb's hunter. Now we just need to talk Zack into taking at least one point in Cauterize. That way, his stray shots won't hurt you either. :)

Once I get my soldier caught up to Zack, I also have a lvl 5 Siren which would catch up to you pretty quickly when we group.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Nice.

In my "clobberin' time" mode I'm nigh invulnerable, so even Zack's damge should be minimal to me then. :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jonkga wrote: In my "clobberin' time" mode I'm nigh invulnerable, so even Zack's damge should be minimal to me then. :)
We're good both ways - I convinced him to try a healing/turret build. That way, when my turret is on cooldown, he can throw his out - rinse, repeat. It also allows me a vector to obtain healing. The only drawback of Cauterize is that you can't heal yourself. I do obtain a regeneration AoE each time I kill an enemy, so that helps some, but that healing is slowish.

FYI, I made lvl 26 last night, so I'm now caught up to Zack. As soon as he's un-grounded, we'll start Dr. Ned (I'm guessing this will be tomorrow night.)

Also, I found some AWESOME lootz last night. One is a lvl 25 shield with ~380 strength and a regeneration speed of 80. It takes like 4 seconds for my fully-depleted shield to fill up. I also found a lvl 25 rocket launcher that shoots out three 400-damage rockets, with a 4X corrosive effect. Last but not least, a purple ~lvl 25 bouncing betty grenade mod with shock effect. When the grenade explodes, it shoots out 3-4 other grenades, which also instantly explode. So, it makes about a 30-ft radius shock explosion all told. :)

In other news, the newest DLC - Secret Armory of General Knoxx - releases today. It raises the level cap and adds a long story segment. Also several new vehicle types, including a 4-player one. Plenty o' Pandora ahead of us. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

So I've been thinking about Borderlands... and I think I may have it backwards. I think my high level character (around 25-26) is also a healing spec solder... and that my lower level character is the sniper...

Guess I'll have to check tonight.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jon, I leveled my Siren up to lvl 11 tonight so I have a char to play with you. Let me know when you're available.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

So, I've been playing a good bit of Borderlands - and having a blast! :)

Cory, don't know if you've seen this, but the graffitti in some of the huts reads "Turtles All The Way Down" - awesome! :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:So, I've been playing a good bit of Borderlands - and having a blast! :)

Cory, don't know if you've seen this, but the graffitti in some of the huts reads "Turtles All The Way Down" - awesome! :)
Yeah, we came across that the other night. Too damn cool. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

ALL the way baby! :D
erilar

Post by erilar »

In that vein, Jon keep me updated with your char's lvl progress.

Cory and Ken, let me know when you might be available for more Borderlands. Zack and I haven't played since the last Zombie Island session.

Don't know when I'll be available for more. I hurt my back painting this weekend, and by the time I get home, it's all sore and spasmy. Last night, I got home and laid down to let my back relax, and ended up falling asleep for the night at like 6:30pm! :P But, set a time and I'll try to make it!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:In that vein, Jon keep me updated with your char's lvl progress.

Cory and Ken, let me know when you might be available for more Borderlands. Zack and I haven't played since the last Zombie Island session.

Don't know when I'll be available for more. I hurt my back painting this weekend, and by the time I get home, it's all sore and spasmy. Last night, I got home and laid down to let my back relax, and ended up falling asleep for the night at like 6:30pm! :P But, set a time and I'll try to make it!
I'll be around tonight if you want to play :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

My Brick is now level 15. I'll probably be on to game around 10pm.

As an aside, I'm really liking this game, and all the guns are awesome. However, my backpack is just too small. I know the claptrap's will help me expanded it eventually, but I'm having a hard time (not really frustrating, more amusing) trying to finish the current quest I'm on. I have to fight into the back of a den of bandits. I only get about halfway in, my bags fill up, I return to a vendor to sell off stuff, return to the den, have to start all over with fresh bad guys, my bags fill up, lather, rinse, repeat...

I know I can just drop stuff, but the hoarder in me wants to keep it all, at least to sell... :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

I found myself just purging myself of all the crappy $100 guns when my bag filled up, but yeah it sucks leaving lootz behind. The great thing about this game is that it gets progressively more fun the more people you play with.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Borderlands update - I'm at level 23, and still having a blast. :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Jonkga wrote:Borderlands update - I'm at level 23, and still having a blast. :)
Actually level 25. :)

Running around having a blast in New Haven.