The Mandalorian Interlude

Our KOTOR campaign.
setanta14

Re: The Mandalorian Interlude

Post by setanta14 »

:( Beskar'gam Medium Armor costs 37,000

But Neo-Crusader Armor is apparently FREE!!!

NukeHavoc wrote:Based on my earlier back-of-the-envelope calculations for starting credits with a 5 player party:

8th / 17000
9th / 19000
10th / 21000

So it's really a question of what level we want to play at. 8th is the bare minimum IMH as that gets you a level in a prestige class; as Jon pointed out last night, 10th gets you another talent (5 talents vs. 4 talents IIRC).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote::( Beskar'gam Medium Armor costs 37,000
Read the fine print. Beskar'gam armor (the traditional battle armor of the Mandalorians, detailed in Scum and Villainy) is -30,000 for Mandalorian heroes. :)

It's odd that there's no price for the Mandalorian armor in the KOTOR campaign guide; I take it to mean that you can't buy it, only acquire it. What I find odder is the disconnect in available slots: Neo-crusader light armor has 4 slots; Beskar'gam of any variety only has 2.

And the Mandalorian Combat Suit (statted as the "traditional" armor in KOTOR)? That comes with *5* upgrade slots, a helmet AND a jet pack!

For the purposes of this campaign I think we should just do some handwaving and say your armor is your armor; get the Mandalorian armor that fits your character and don't worry about the cost. What do you guys think?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Well, I think it depends on the "heroes" we create, I guess. The text in the KOTOR book talks about the Neo-Crusader Light Armor being issued by the Neo-Crusaders. It talks about the Mandalorian Combat Suit being the armor of the traditional Mandalorians prior to the Neo-Crusader movement. I'd say those are the two choices we'd start with, depending on if our characters were traditional mandos or Neo-Crusaders.

All the other armor in the KOTOR book was for ranking or veteran troops, or specialized troops like squad leaders or shock troops. So, unless we are playing those type characters, from what I read they wouldn't make as much sense.

And, as I don't have any books but the Core and the KOTOR, I can't speak to other sources.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I guess it also depends on if we start Mando's before the Neo-Crusader movement starts, and then we have to decide whether to join it full-on (i.e., getting Neo-Crusader Armor), or after it starts... which would then be strange that we'd have a mixed party of traditionalists and Neo-Crusaders, so I prefer the former... we make characters who are at some point presented with the choice of becoming Neo-Crusaders or not.

Oh... and Beskar'gam for 7K? SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

A thought came to mind last night: Who's running this shindig? Initially the thought was that I'd run two or three sessions and someone else would run the rest; but who? Is anyone else interested in running? It sounded like Ken was looking at this as an opportunity to sit down and play a while, so if no-one else is really interested would you like me to run the whole arc?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:A thought came to mind last night: Who's running this shindig? Initially the thought was that I'd run two or three sessions and someone else would run the rest; but who? Is anyone else interested in running? It sounded like Ken was looking at this as an opportunity to sit down and play a while, so if no-one else is really interested would you like me to run the whole arc?
My thought was that this would be an excellent chance for anyone who's said they'd like to run a Star Wars session to run a session. (Damon, Nate?) I'm certainly up for running a session or three, but I'd just as soon be a player during the whole interlude. It's not something I get to do very often. :)

So short answer - yes, if you want to run the whole arc, have at it. And if others want to run sessions, well, that's awesome too.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'd be interested in running a session or two. However, I'd need to wrap my head around this whole situation a bit more first, so maybe after Cory's initial arc or whatnot, I could put something together.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I'd run at least one short adventure (have been tinkering with one for a few weeks)... but spending 4 hours in the car every day cuts into my free time, so longterm GMing isn't possible right now :-(
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:I'd run at least one short adventure (have been tinkering with one for a few weeks)... but spending 4 hours in the car every day cuts into my free time, so longterm GMing isn't possible right now :-(
But on the plus side ... plenty of time to listen to audio books (says the guy who did it for 7 years, though my commute was more like 3 hrs...)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Damon, Bob -- any interest in running Mando stuff?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Maybe. I'm thinking of a few things that might be fun ....
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Maybe, though the adventure I had in mind was for the man arc, but t might be convertabe...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I have about 4 sessions I've been thinking about, so with Nate's session and Jon's session or two that should make a full Episode (~ 7 Chapters or Sessions). If Bob and Damon want to run something I can certainly drop a session or two. My thoughts on the Episode:

Chapter 1 will be "A Call to Arms". We'll do some intro combat's before being recalled home to hear the call to arms by Mandalore the Ultimate. Chapters 2-4 can detail some of the fighting in wild space as the Mandalorian's prepare for the invasion of the Outer Rim as well as the "False War" (Where the Mando's hold back a majority of their forces simply testing the Republic strength). Chapters 5-6 would be the Mandalorian wars proper. Finally chapter 7 is my one shot transition where the party flips sides and plays as a wing of Republic starfighter pilots (this could also be chapter 1 of the next Episode). While I plan to make my sessions stand-alone, the overall theme will be the New Crusaders pushing their agenda on the Mandolorian society.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

What I had in mind was part of a planetary invasion.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Quick note: the above were simply my thoughts as I outlined the whole episode this weekend since we weren't sure if anyone else was interested in running. It can certainly be moved to cover more of any one part.

Damon, talk to Ken if you want to run a session with our heroes. I'm sure he'd be happy to let you run a session. The Mandolorian Interlude isn't the only place you can run, just one where it's being encouraged to give Ken a break ;)

Bob, in my mind that could fit in anywhere... depends on what kind of enemies you want to use.