Speaking of the Mando Wars...

Our KOTOR campaign.
Hardcorhobbs

Speaking of the Mando Wars...

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

We had some discussion Friday night about the Mandalorian War arc. I thought I would throw a few questions out there for discussion:

1) Who's still interested in running a session or two?

2) How long should the arc be? Originally I was thinking a 8 session chapter or so, but do we want half that? Less?
setanta14

Re: Speaking of the Mando Wars...

Post by setanta14 »

Was interested in running something, but having the time to do so with a 4 hour commute just won't work out until I take some vacation.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I have a more basic question -- does everyone still want to play Mandalorians? I could see the interlude working just as well from the Republic side, with our characters being Republic soldiers or marines dealing with the initial incursions.

I ask because as a group it seems like we've been struggling with how to go about playing Mandalorians. I'm cool either way (and I personally am still very interested in playing a Mando) but I wanted to throw it out there.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I have no conflicts on playing Mandos, And yes, I'd like to play, if for no other reason than to try out my awesome Mando armor!

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Hmmmmm, interesting question, that is.

Playing the Mandos gives us a different point of view and maybe a little 'unearned' player knowledge when we inevitably face the Mandos in combat. But playing the Republic guys would accomplish the same thing. And especially if the Republic guys are getting whupped good, that will make it a little more emotionally urgent when the Jedi 'finally' join the fight!

That's a very good suggestion. I think we'll probably need to put it to a vote.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

It would take some tweeking of my planned arc... But it shouldn't be much of a problem if the group would prefer to play republic solders.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I know it's really up to whatever the group wants, but didn't it take us awhile to decide on the Mando thing? If we switch gears won't it take just as long to come back to a consensus?
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

BTW, I abstain from voting, and will go with whatever the group decides - probably going all martial arts commando for the Mandos and with a force-using rifleman for the republic troops. Either way...
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:I know it's really up to whatever the group wants, but didn't it take us awhile to decide on the Mando thing? If we switch gears won't it take just as long to come back to a consensus?
Well, I'm asking because even as recently as two weeks ago it felt like some folks were still uncertain about the Mando storyline and playing these sort of anti-hero style characters, so I wanted to make sure we really did all land on the same page. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:I know it's really up to whatever the group wants, but didn't it take us awhile to decide on the Mando thing? If we switch gears won't it take just as long to come back to a consensus?
I think it took a while to come to a consenus because a) some people (for example, you) were understandably reticent about playing 'bad guys' and b) half of the group doesn't really know a lot about the Mandalorians or their code.

If we play the Republic side, then really the only person who has to 'get' the Mandos is the GM.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

My vote is to not switch gears - let's play mandos. I didn't completely understand their ethos, although I'm much better now after some discussion last week.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:My vote is to not switch gears - let's play mandos. I didn't completely understand their ethos, although I'm much better now after some discussion last week.
Ok, I think the consensus stands ... let's run with Mandos.