Green Ronin to Release Mutants & Masterinds Third Edition

A place for members of the public to meet, talk and pass out.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

http://www.greenronin.com/2010/05/mutan ... dition.php

It ties into the launch of the new DC Heroes line. There's not a lot of information in this pre-release, aside from a mention of streamlining things to deal with the clunky bits. Of course, what we found clunky and what others find clunky doesn't always match up, so we'll see.

I hadn't realized that it's been 5 years since M&M 2E was released; that makes the timing about right for a new edition IMHO. In terms of a "wish list", I'd like to see them clean up/tightening up array powers -- I think it's a cool concept, but as written it caused a heck of a lot of confusion. I could also see reigning in the number of powers somewhat; I think there were a bunch of powers that could be consolidated down.

I suspect I'll be picking it up.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Re: Green Ronin to Release Mutants & Masterinds Third Edition

Post by Jonkga »

We shall see. I found the 2E version to be too confusing to understand, even when playing a pretty simplfied character.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm pretty much with Jon. I think that the Savage Worlds supers rules are more appealing to me.

A la our experiences with Battletech RPG, I don't want the ruleset for a side campaign to require a masters degree level of commitment. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:I'm pretty much with Jon. I think that the Savage Worlds supers rules are more appealing to me. A la our experiences with Battletech RPG, I don't want the ruleset for a side campaign to require a masters degree level of commitment. :)
Yeah, I think they could work out pretty well, especially for the sort of things we were doing. Maybe not Bob's super multi-arrayed power armor, but I think it could work with less complicated heroes.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange