Play Lists

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
NukeHavoc

Re: Play Lists

Post by NukeHavoc »

So the problem is that the Temple of the Union idiots -- after making their way to DC -- are now out wandering the wasteland. Two of them just got killed charging a gun turret (thankfully no one important). While I find it amusing that they're out there doing this, just like they had real lives, it bugs me that I can't finish the stupid quest.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Still poking away at Fable 3. Trying to do all the collecting now (keys, clothing, weapons, etc.) so it's slow going. Debating on doing a few Evil missions or not... It bugs me that they are still on my quest list :P.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

More Fable 3 this weekend... trying to get all the 'cheivos I can is taking a long time. Still liking the game despite being down to the grind though. Played a little Shadow Complex as well. Got the foam gun. I hear it gets easier from here. The +200 heath I picked up is sure to help with that. :) Finally, I played some Borderlands with Mike last night. After all this time in Pandora this game is still awesome. I also found a new favorite gun! It's a smg with a 92 bullet clip and a 17 speed at 110 damage! It ROCKS! We were trying out the Moxi expansion. OMG tough! But fun! We totally need a 4 man party for that one.

I also picked up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and Fallout: New Vegas this weekend. Toys R Us has a sale this week: buy a full priced 360 or PS3 game ($59.99) and get a $20 gift card, or buy two and get a $50 gift card. I went with the latter option as you can tell. I was going to get them eventually, and unlike the buy two get one sales I can spend this money on anything. Since there just weren't 3 games I really want now... this was the better deal for me.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Completed Alan Wake chapter 3 of 6 last night. Still really enjoying it, and the more I learn about the plot, the more I'm convinced Jon will eat this game up. Newest revelation: Norse mythology tie-ins. So awesome.

By chance, Red Dead Redemption is also on its way to me from Goozex. Should easily have enough games to take me through the holidays at this point. Good kinda problem to have. :mrgreen:

Still waiting for the second New Vegas patch before starting to play in earnest. Per the forums, it should be out within the next two weeks.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Nice. I'm looking forward to getting back to video gaming next week; right now I'm up to my eyeballs in game prep for MEPACON. Really, next time we do this you guys HAVE to remind me to only run two RPG sessions...
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Will do Ken!

I beat Fable 3 last night. I didn't know I was about to go into the ending though... thanks for the warning Microsoft. I was still working on some end game 'cheivos! Some I can work on it the after game... but there was one in particular I was trying for before beating it. Oh well. Going to try and beat Shadow Complex and put a dent in Vanquish this week.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I downloaded League of Legends to check it out. Is it something that we can play multiplayer over the net?

Now I just need to find time to play ..... :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm pretty sure you can. I've played against real people before, just not sure if you can designate an opponent. It's a fun game though, if a bit of a steep learning curve. I hear that they just added some new kinda tutorial thing. Might be good to play against each other since the multiplayer scene is pretty advanced.

Played Alan Wake chapter 4 of 6 last night. Frigging fantastic. This one contained the big reveal, and the story is still really interesting. (Old viking heavy metal bands FTW!) \nn/_ Also should be a really interesting game for Ken, him being a writer and all. Totally digging this game - heavily story-driven gaming is by far my favorite.

Bob, I keep seeing a Craigslist ad for a guy that fixes (and mods, which I'm very opposed to) Xboxes in Allentown - maybe he'd be a good affordable repair option for your ethernet jack?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:I'm pretty sure you can. I've played against real people before, just not sure if you can designate an opponent. It's a fun game though, if a bit of a steep learning curve. I hear that they just added some new kinda tutorial thing. Might be good to play against each other since the multiplayer scene is pretty advanced.

Played Alan Wake chapter 4 of 6 last night. Frigging fantastic. This one contained the big reveal, and the story is still really interesting. (Old viking heavy metal bands FTW!) \nn/_ Also should be a really interesting game for Ken, him being a writer and all. Totally digging this game - heavily story-driven gaming is by far my favorite.

Bob, I keep seeing a Craigslist ad for a guy that fixes (and mods, which I'm very opposed to) Xboxes in Allentown - maybe he'd be a good affordable repair option for your ethernet jack?
I think that guy lives upstairs from me, actually. I always see people dropping off and picking up their Xboxes from him. But since mine has red ringed, I'm pretty sure I can get it fixed by Microsoft under warranty. Just have to call them. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

... and two days after I buy it Enslaved becomes amazon's deal of the day. $25!!! You should all pick it up! ;)
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:But since mine has red ringed, I'm pretty sure I can get it fixed by Microsoft under warranty. Just have to call them. :)
Oh - forgot that it had red-ringed. So call 'em, man! :D
erilar

Post by erilar »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:... and two days after I buy it Enslaved becomes amazon's deal of the day. $25!!! You should all pick it up! ;)
I need more time to play, not more games to play. Where can I buy some of that??!? :P
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:I need more time to play, not more games to play. Where can I buy some of that??!? :P
Yeah, well all need that.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Vanquish is awesome. After destroying a bunch of Russian robots from the back of a run-away flying train, Sam (the protagonist) leaps over to one of the enemy transports, commandeers it, and finishes off the enemies following him. Then, before moving on to the next act we get a short cut scene where he's plotting his next move with his support chick while taking a smoke break 5'er. I love how this game seamlessly interweaves short cut-scenes with the gameplay.

You guys have to try this game out when I'm done! Or go buy it during one of these holiday sales to help push for a sequel :D

Anyway beat two stage 2 acts last night. Then tried more Moxie with Mike. We need a full 4 man group for those missions.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Last night was a scatter-brain kind of night. Started out playing Vanquish. Beat stage 2 and a few acts of stage 3. I figured out I can hit a button that makes Sam take a smoke break... anywhere, anytime. I'm getting a lot better at the game too. Sliding up to an enemy, striking it with a melee attack or shotgun, and zipping away. Got a few 'chievoes that way! :D

Then I played a little Shadow Complex. Made a little progress before I came to some electrified water. Not sure how to get past it, so after a few tries I gave up for the night.

Finally, I figured I'd boot up Enslaved. Beat the first two levels, and decided this game was everything I wanted. It has some great puzzles you have to solve through jumping, as well as using the abilities of the girl you're traveling with. She's the techno-support geek to your muscle. Very fun game! I'm also happy to see despite it being a post apocalyptic world, everything doesn't have to be gloom and doom. Things can be green!