Is there interest in continuing this?

Home of the Hellfire Aces mercenary band.
Lars Porsenna

Is there interest in continuing this?

Post by Lars Porsenna »

All,

As the title says, is there interest in continuing this? I've had a new post in the thread for a few days now, an there has been absolutely no response. If there is not enough interest in continuing this, please be proactive and let me know, rather than keeping me wondering, so I can direct my energy in other areas.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Re: Is there interest in continuing this?

Post by EvilGenius »

I'm interested, and I'd like to do more actual mech battles. But consider, Damon. It's two days before Thanksgiving. A week and a half ago was MepaCon, and some people were prepping for that back to the end of October. You may not have been directly involved but for many of us, gaming and life have both been hectic to say the least.

So we'll get to things as we can over the next month, but honestly January is probably going to be a much more active gaming month.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

What Bob said.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Yep, very interested but have just been busy / was too busy at work to respond at the time and then forgot. Hang in there and we'll start posting again.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

What Bob said.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm officially going to switch to out for the time being. I don't get online much at work anymore, and I don't find myself online much at home due to being on a computer a lot at work. Sorry, but it's just the way things are now :/
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm really jammed up right now training our new guy and working on 2011 price increases. Once we're done with that, I'll be a little less busy/stressed/fried/exhausted and will jump right back in.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm fine with continuing. I can still fit in the occasional update, and I guessing we're close to another real-world scenario.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

Based on what I'm seeing, the game isn't rules heavy. If provided with an overview and that you have a spot / tolerance for a noobie, I'm in. Tell me the class and I will give it a try.
The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

We're pretty much just using the Saga rules as a framework for the role-playing. Character statbocks here:

http://griffcrier.com/battletech/characters/

Mostly it comes down to skill checks (at least, so far ... we avoid combat because we're awful at it ... which reminds me that if we ambush Christophos, we need everyone to make "coordinated attack" roles to assist in the attack, otherwise we're never, ever going to hit. :)

What kind of character would you like to play? We could use another soldier or scoundrel.
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

I'll let the party decide.

Eugene "U-jeh" Temperence (prouncened like Huge without the "h"). He's the down on his luck guy who's looking for his next big break.

Six foot two inches tall and 275 pounds with a baby face blue eyes, bad buzz cut, and a worn face, Uge is a mountain of a man. After a few years with [insert name of military group] as a soldier turned field medic, he thought he could go back to civilian life. That's when his luck changed for the worse. His sense of gambling, drinking and wild times got him in to trouble and into debt. So looking to pay off loans, he's gone back to what he knows to give the thrills and to get loan-sharks, etc. off his back.

Even though he's taking a better road and cutting back on his wild ways, he known to do a great job one moment and "win" big, only to incur another liability. He's the guy when trying his best, trouble will fall into his lap.
The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I think there is always room for a new guy to join the group!

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for someone to roll up a character for George. If no one volunteers I can do it.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I can do it.
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

bump.

EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Sorry George. I started and didn't finish. I'll get to him this weekend, promise. :)