3rd SW: TOR Cinematic Trailer

Our KOTOR campaign.
EvilGenius

3rd SW: TOR Cinematic Trailer

Post by EvilGenius »

Just sweet. :)

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110606

The more of these that they make, the more I agree with Jon about just wanting them to make a damn feature length movie in this style, in this setting already!! :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Jonkga

Re: 3rd SW: TOR Cinematic Trailer

Post by Jonkga »

Hells, yeah. Quite possibly would be the best of the movies, including them all. But alas, we'll just get WoW with lightsabres. Still not sure how excited I am...
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Amazing trailer!

I hope TOR doesn't end up just being WoW with lightsabers, as Jon says, but I don't have a lot of hope that it won't be. I just tried out Lord of the Rings Online yesterday, and got bored after about two hours. Kill 4 of these, bring back 6 flowers, take this thingie to this other guy. Rinse, repeat. [sigh]
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

There is a possibility that it will be WoW with lightsabers but everything they've said about story development really makes it seem more like Cory's description, 'mulitplayer KotOR'. And in KotR there weren't any gather quests that I can recall. :). I don't think there were in Dragon Age either. And gathering was a lot different (and largely unnecessary) in Mass Effect. So we'll see. ;)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

The Totally Rad Show guys just commented (from E3) that it seemed more like a RPGMMO then an MMORPG to them, mirroring Cory's assessment. Emphasis on the RPG, but it happens to also be a persistent world that your friends inhabit. We shall see. I'm still worried that my iMac (running Win 7) won't handle it, but looks like they are trying hard to make it run well on older systems, a la WoW.

I'm totally making a hot female Twi'lek smuggler/gunslinger...
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I'm certainly willing to give it a go. Especially if it means more gaming goodness with you guys. And, if it did turn out more like a co-op Bioware game, that'd be great. I'm just trying not to get to het up about it.

And, I really wish they'd go the movie route - they've got rich story, and can obviously tell it well. If, however, they do that within the game, well, I guess that'll be good too. ;)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost