Campaign: Battle for Naldera

Adventures and starship battles in a universe where the stars are dying.
Lars Porsenna

Re: Campaign: Battle for Naldera

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I was making my own too, but got bored with it. So nice find!

BTW, I still have cheat sheets I can print out. Just let me know...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I still need to roll the crew quality checks; I'll post those tonight.

Task Force Death Knight

Death Knight, Shamshir-class strike cruiser
~ Psychic abilities: Bedlam, Block, Senses Shock, Psi Shield
~ Fighter-Bomber Replacements (with battleshields)
~ Crew: Veteran (5)

Sparta, Xerxes-class Galliot
~ 10 Marauders
~ Crew: Veteran (5)

Castor, Scorpion-class Frigate
~ 4 Mauraders, 6 troops
~ Crew: Military-Grade (4)

Pollux, Scorpion-class Frigate
~ 3 Mauraders, 7 troops

Shattershot, Stalker-class Explorer

Longshot, Stalker-class Explorer
~ Crew: Green (3)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Now I don't mean to shoot myself in the foot here (or make it any easier for you to) but i believe you may have five more points to spend, no?
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Hey Tom, your fleet lists Elite Marines, but Decados doesn't get Elite upgrades, just Marauders. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Fen's Ego wrote:Decados fleet (1000):

Destroyer x2 (400)
Frigate x2 (200)
Light Carrier x1 (150)
w/ Donatello-class Gunship x4 (40)
and freebie fighters x4 (0)
Stealthship x1 (160)
Psychic Crew L1 (20) - Truth
Marauders x4 (20)
Elite Troops x5 (10)
EDIT: change 4 Marauders and 5 elites to 6 Marauders and 0 Elites.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Fen's Ego wrote:Now I don't mean to shoot myself in the foot here (or make it any easier for you to) but i believe you may have five more points to spend, no?
I tweaked it. My posted fleet was 10 points under.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Oh, C'MON!!

That extra 5 points was totally my finder's fee :wink:
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Per the campaign rules, I'm switching crew quality rolls between my Monitor and my Flagship Destroyer. So that gives me crew quality roll of 11 (Elite) on the Destroyer, and roll of 7 (Military) on the Monitor.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Crew Quality rolls:

Griffin-class Destroyer HSS Podvishni Roll(2d6)+0: 3,4,+0 Total: 7 (Military Grade, 4)
Griffin -class Destroyer HSS Poslushni Roll(2d6)+0: 1,5,+0 Total: 6 (Military Grade, 4)
Griffin -class Destroyer HSS Prosorlivi Roll(2d6)+0: 3,5,+0 Total: 8 (Military Grade, 4)
Hornet -class Frigate HSS Gilyak Roll(2d6)+0: 4,5,+0 Total: 9 (Veteran, 5)
Hornet -class Frigate HSS Voevoda Roll(2d6)+0: 2,6,+0 Total: 8 (Military Grade, 4)
Wayfarer -class Scout HSS Sampo Roll(2d6)+0: 2,5,+0 Total: 7 (Military Grade, 4)
Wayfarer -class Scout HSS Murtaja Roll(2d6)+0: 2,5,+0 Total: 7 (Military Grade, 4)

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

Initiative:
6, 3 + 1=10

Khabir-class Light Carrier
1+4=5 military

(2) Yildugh-class Destroyers
4+2=6 military
6+6=12 (w00t!) elite

Sheerkur-class Galliot
2+4=6 military

(3) Qawwas-class Frigates
4+4=8 military
3+6=9 veteran
2+6=8 military

(2) Mujahidin-class Raiders
4+6=10 veteran
5+6=11 elite

Note: for my one roll-swap, I will make a second elite Destroyer, and the Raider becomes military.
Last edited by erilar on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Lance, I think your fleet has a +2 modifier to initiative. + 1 for your faction and an additional +1 for the Command trait on your carrier. It doesn't matter this time because you still won the roll, but fyi. :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

My Light Carrier does have the Command +1 trait, but would that work for the campaign initiative roll, or just for individual battles that it participates in?

(Wonder if I should make my carrier Elite instead of another one of the Destroyers? Don't know the rules well enough to judge yet...)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

My thought was that the Command trait would add to turn initiative also. The description of the Command special ability is this:

"A ship with this trait is equipped with advanced communications systems and is usually crewed by high-ranking officers who use it as a flagship, dictating the actions of an entire fleet. So long as the ship is on the table and not Crippled, the owning player gins an extra bonus to his initiaitve equal to the Command score. This is not cumulative and may not be added to the bonus granted by other ships with the Command trait."

In the Campaign section on Initiative, it says:

"As with the main game, Initiative is rolled for by using 2d6 and applying the player's fleet modifier, as detailed in the Fleet Lists chapter."

I think you should add the Command bonus to your turn initiative because your Carrier is providing communications and coordination for your entire fleet.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I disagree. I think it's pretty clear that the campaign section specifically to the fleet initiative modifier, not modifiers for the different ships. I think the fleet modifier is exactly that - the modifier listed for your fleet, not the more generic "here's the bonus for all my ships in my armada". Otherwise you'd also be pulling in the scout rules for re-rolling init checks, and I dont think that is the case either.
EvilGenius wrote:My thought was that the Command trait would add to turn initiative also. The description of the Command special ability is this:

"A ship with this trait is equipped with advanced communications systems and is usually crewed by high-ranking officers who use it as a flagship, dictating the actions of an entire fleet. So long as the ship is on the table and not Crippled, the owning player gins an extra bonus to his initiaitve equal to the Command score. This is not cumulative and may not be added to the bonus granted by other ships with the Command trait."

In the Campaign section on Initiative, it says:

"As with the main game, Initiative is rolled for by using 2d6 and applying the player's fleet modifier, as detailed in the Fleet Lists chapter."

I think you should add the Command bonus to your turn initiative because your Carrier is providing communications and coordination for your entire fleet.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:I disagree. I think it's pretty clear that the campaign section specifically to the fleet initiative modifier, not modifiers for the different ships. I think the fleet modifier is exactly that - the modifier listed for your fleet, not the more generic "here's the bonus for all my ships in my armada". Otherwise you'd also be pulling in the scout rules for re-rolling init checks, and I dont think that is the case either.
Hmm, that's a good point. I hadn't though of the implication of adding ship abilities like Scout into the mix. So it will be straight 2d6 plus faction modifier for campaign turn initiative, and ship traits will count in actual battle turn initiatives.

While we're discussing, I was assuming that adding the Scout ability through psychic/theurgic powers would NOT allow you to re-roll battle turn initiatives because you have to take an action to activate the power, it's not always on. Does everyone agree with that interpretation?