Merwyn's Next Step

For characters who aren't active in a campaign, but who still have plans for world domination.
NukeHavoc

Merwyn's Next Step

Post by NukeHavoc »

I've been thinking about what I'd like to do next with Merwyn. He's easily one of my favorite characters, and he's been languishing since the end of the Redshirts campaign.

My initial thought had been to have him join the Obsidian Tower, but since his conversion to Kelanen, I'm thinking along more martial lines. I can see a few options:

1) Open up a "spellsword" academy focusing on teaching martial and arcane techniques.

2) Open a custom-sword shop, making both masterwork and magical weapons.

3) Using his wish to create a modified version of the "leadership" feat allowing for something like the Aes Sadi/warder bond from Wheel of Time, with an eye towards forming an arcane order of warriors following Kelanen. There are some stats for the bond from the Wheel of Time RPG book that I'll post; basically you get some enhanced abilities, knowledge of each other's physical location, and the ability to bolster each other's hit points (i.e. if the mage suffers a wound, he could draw upon the warder's hit points, and visa versa).
setanta14

Re: Merwyn's Next Step

Post by setanta14 »

Or Eldritch Knight... another alternative for arcane casting and melee capability.
NukeHavoc wrote:1) Open up a "spellsword" academy focusing on teaching martial and arcane techniques.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Is he going to be green ajah? The big pervert...
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

No, not green. You know Ken, he's going to make Merwyn red ajah and have him kill off all the other spellcasters in the BR guild for claiming to be him, then he'll turn black ajah and be the next big bad villain for the Dark City campaign. :)