Recap of 2/24 session - trouble in cave city

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
Jonkga

Recap of 2/24 session - trouble in cave city

Post by Jonkga »

So, to sum up what I remember happening, we were at the outskirts of the pale market, and as a group decided to approach the central pillar to find a way up to the upper level, where we figured our house was. Upon arriving at the central pillar, we learned (too late for some of us) that the central pillar was not a way up, but the city's main temple and/or senate or some such revered meeting place. With the throngs entering therein to push us forward, Jheru, Gavin, and Thyur managed to offend and attack the matriarch guarding the gate. The three of us were eventually subdued and taken away for torture and fleshwarping. The more cautious of the group (Skender, Carlila, Phil, Jorm, Cutheric) were able to distance themselves from our folly, and buy lizards to travel up to the upper level. They eventually found our house and met the first son and his brother. The tortured members of the party were eventually deposited at the house as well.

The party then met with the first son and learned that the basement was sealed as it held an out of control gate to another plane. The party volunteered to go into the basement and recover the bowl by which control of the gate could be reestablished, thereby earning favor with the house. We entered the basement, and found are way into a room with an extra-planar creature who offered us chances at pulling cards from a Deck of Many Things - and many of the party did so.

That is where we left off.

Please feel free to add anything of import I may have forgotten.

Perhaps it would also be good to use this thread to consolidate info on boons/curses from the Deck and/or our torture and fleshwarping, so that we can hash out details before the next session.

Also, we may want to plan what our next move is, as I'm not sure if there is another egress out of this room, but it doesn't seem like we've found the bowl yet.
Last edited by Jonkga on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Jonkga

Re: Recap of 2/24 session - trouble in cave city

Post by Jonkga »

Also, as a result of his torture and fleshwarping, Jheru was cursed with chitinous plates covering his arms and legs, and an insectoid shell/carapace covering his back. Stats-wise, this results in an +3 natural AC bonus (effectively only +1 AC, as he already had a +2 amulet of nat armor) and a -10 to his movement rate (effectively now 50 feet).
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Also, just for ease of reference, I wanted to make note of the stat changes from the elf-suit and bloodlink amultets.

My notes indicate in addition to the camouflage, the elf-suit gives us darkvision 120, light sensitivity, SR 11+level, proficiency with the hand xbow, rapier, and shortsword, and immunity to sleep.

The bloodlink amulet (the focus for the elf-suit) gives us use of dancing lights, faerie fire, and darkness 1/day, and makes our alignment show as CE.

Please add anything I might be missing.
Last edited by Jonkga on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Soooo, I'm a Drider. As far as I can tell, these are the results of my transformation.

Drider
Size: Large (-1 AC, -1 BAB)
Space 10ft, Reach 5 ft
Speed 30, Climb 20

AC (+2 Dex, +8 natural, -1 size)

Physical Stats: Str 15 (increase from my normal), Dex 15 (decrease from my normal), Con 18 (increase from my normal)

Racial Abilities:
Darkvision 120
+4 Stealth
CMD 21 (33 vs. trip)

Special Attacks:
Web (+7 ranged attack, DC18, hp9)
Poison Bite (bite - injury; save Fort DC 18, frequency 1/rd for 6 rounds, effect 1d2 Str, cure 1 save

Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10)
Constant - Detect Good, Detect Law, Detect Magic
At Will - Dancing Lights, Darkness, Faerie Fire
1/day - Claraudience/Clairvoyance, Deeper Darkness, Dispell Magic, Levitate, Suggestion (DC16)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!