Characters

The current Blackrazor campaign.
EvilGenius

Characters

Post by EvilGenius »

Nate asked if I would mind playing Sven for the magical heavy now that Allistar is moving to stupid Portland. :p

I don't mind bringing in Sven, or possibly Sven and Luc. But as with the Redshirts, I'd like to hear from folks before bringing them in. Again, they're older characters, who made the switch from 2E to 3E and are thus a bit more powerful in stats and items than the current crop of PCs. There is an issue of balance, I think.

Maybe not such a big problem with the characters who were created for the Maure Castle series, but I still don't want to step on anyone's toes.

What does everyone think?
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm down with that. Especially with Maure Castle, I think it's a non-issue.

L
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Damn. Got my threads confused. :) I think that Sven/Luc should be ok -- what levels are they? Maure Castle is still in 12/13 territory (though probably 13th now that the party is one the 2nd level...)

ken

First Post

Post by Guest »

Greetings from "stupid Portland." Cornelius, Oregon actually.

I am going to check out the local gaming store now to replace you guys. It's only 10 miles away.

I hope you all are doing well. I miss you guys.

:evil:

==> James
NukeHavoc

Re: First Post

Post by NukeHavoc »

kundart wrote:Greetings from "stupid Portland." Cornelius, Oregon actually. I am going to check out the local gaming store now to replace you guys. It's only 10 miles away. I hope you all are doing well. I miss you guys.
Glad to hear you've settled in enough to start looking for a gaming group. :) It definitely hasn't been the same at the gaming table since you left; not that Cory (our new player) isn't a good guy -- he is -- but he just doesn't have the same depth of weird medical knowledge as you...

Once I land at Lafayette (and get my PowerBook up and running) , we'll have to get serious about the whole video gaming thing. I'd suggest doing it before then, but my August schedule is hellish.

Logitech Quickcam Express

Post by Guest »

I hope I can. Unless I get virtual PC, Lance's cool little camera doesn't seem to have Mac support. Unless you can find some, Ken...I was thinking about getting Virual PC anyway. Has anyone tried it?

I like my full-sized keyboard and mouse. Ken, did you see the new "Mighty Mouse" for Mac? No buttons, and a pea-sized scroll ball! For $50, of course.

Of course, perhaps Lance will get a Mac-compatible camera from the Acuvue people and we can swap back. All part of my evil plan...

:twisted:
NukeHavoc

Re: Logitech Quickcam Express

Post by NukeHavoc »

kundart wrote:I hope I can. Unless I get virtual PC, Lance's cool little camera doesn't seem to have Mac support. Unless you can find some, Ken...I was thinking about getting Virual PC anyway. Has anyone tried it?
I haven't. Reviews I've read said it's good for light application support (running certain programs that only run on Windows, but forget running anything intensive, like games. It's pretty expensive -- $250 when I looked at it in Circuit City -- but you might be able to pick it up cheaply with your academic discount.

Did you check Logitech's site for drivers? If all else fails, and you want a Mac compatible camera, check out Apple's iSight. It's gotten pretty good reviews, and supports full video chat.
kundart wrote:I like my full-sized keyboard and mouse. Ken, did you see the new "Mighty Mouse" for Mac? No buttons, and a pea-sized scroll ball! For $50, of course.
Yeah, I saw that. I'm happy that they're finally shipping a multi-button mouse, but $50 is a little much for what you get (esp. without Bluetooth). $35 would have been more reasonable.

Ken
erilar

Re: Logitech Quickcam Express

Post by erilar »

kundart wrote:I hope I can. Unless I get virtual PC, Lance's cool little camera doesn't seem to have Mac support. Unless you can find some, Ken...I was thinking about getting Virual PC anyway. Has anyone tried it?

I like my full-sized keyboard and mouse. Ken, did you see the new "Mighty Mouse" for Mac? No buttons, and a pea-sized scroll ball! For $50, of course.

Of course, perhaps Lance will get a Mac-compatible camera from the Acuvue people and we can swap back. All part of my evil plan...

:twisted:
Hey, James! Glad you're getting settled in. I'll let you know when I find out more about the Accuevue camera. They don't list any details in the add, and I haven't made time to get the thing sent in yet (Musikfest now and I'm flowing along the torrent of activity that Heather's scheduled...).
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer