Where to now?

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
NukeHavoc

Where to now?

Post by NukeHavoc »

It's late Readying, CY 515. Our heroes have just escaped the destruction of Bloodstone Tower by an angry tree.

Where to next?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Re: Where to now?

Post by setanta14 »

Tanevir recommends that immediately after gathering up Finn from mourning his raven at the ex-bugbear's cave that we get the hell away from that tainted tree's (dark treant's?) reach and head back to Obsidian Bay.

Assuming we reach town with minimal encounters, as long as the surviving pirates minded their p's and q's on the journey back Tanevir would honor the agreement to give them the coinage we recovered and allow them to go on their way.

Tanevir would report the group's exploits to Willow Wind, letting him know that the orcs of Bloodstone Tower have been eliminated (i.e., get paid for the bounty), but the tower itself is no more due to being destroyed by the tainted tree when we attempted to burn it. He would also disclose the location of the bugbear's cave as perhaps an alternate site for future patrols to seek refuge or use as a base to further secure the immediate frontier area around town.

The pirates spoke of the purple humanoids (hobgoblins or orcs?) who inhabited the nearby bay to the northwest where they had their shipwreck, so investigating that could be a possibility... otherwise he would see if Willow Wind has further instructions or leads, or else go seeking rumors from the various local taverns, etc.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Not those damn purple orcs!!! They come from that stupid purple orc tree that almost TPKd the A team!!! :evil:
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Carac (at the ex-bugbear cave as well) would agree with Tanevir. He's interested in doing anything he can to help the new settlement succeed.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Burgell will investigate any new capers/endeavours, in order to improve the lot of the refugee population. To that end, he will probably sell his share of art (at a greatly inflated price!)

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Also, Tanevir will use his next available period of short rest where he is out of danger to focus/attempt attunement on the gauntlet taken from the orog in the hopes of identifying some of its magical properties (DMG 136-138).

And a question for the group: Should we give our adventuring party a name (as seems the fashionable and hip thing to do in OB)? Tanevir is probably way too chaotic at this point in life to actually join an organization, but giving a name to an informal group (secret club?) would be a totally adolescent elf thing to do.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Not those damn purple orcs!!! They come from that stupid purple orc tree that almost TPKd the A team!!! :evil:
To be clear, the pirates were referring to the Purple Squid Hobgoblins, the tribe living in the next bay over.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange