Chapter 20: The Hoard of the Green Blight

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
NukeHavoc

Chapter 20: The Hoard of the Green Blight

Post by NukeHavoc »

Everyone is now level 6. After the death of the Green Blight, The Unseelie Prince Selanar invites the heroes to a banquet in their honor within the Viridescent Keep for a great feast in their honor. The prince, grateful for the heroes' surprising defeat of the green dragon, gives them the creature's hoard as a reward.

Ioun Stone of Protection: You gain a +1 bonus to AC while this dusty rose prism that orbits your head. (Requires attunement)

Ring of Free Action: While you wear this ring, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement. In addition, magic can neither reduce your movement nor cause you to be paralyzed or restrained. The ring is carved from the bone of an unknown creature. It is etched with odd, otherworldly ruins. (Requires attunement)

Instrument of the Bards (Mac-Fuirmidh cittern): This stringed instrument (see: http://www.mandobar.com/cittern1.jpg) has a motif of flowering vines. You can use an action to play the instrument and cast one fits spells. Once the instrument has been used to cast a spell, it can't be used to cast that spell again until the next dawn. The spells use your spell casting ability and spell save DC. Spells: Fly, Invisibility, Protection from Evil and Good, Barkskin, Cure wounds, Fog Cloud. (Requires attunement)

Fire-Blessed Chain shirt of Resistance (Cold): This chain shirt is warm to the touch, and those who look closely at the links can see miniature blue flames flickering weakly within them. When targeted by a cold-based attack, harmless flames suddenly shroud the wearer. (Requires attunement)

Meteoric Short Sword +1 A+1 short sword crafted from meteoric iron. The black stone-like metal of the blade is incredibly dense and striated with the silver flecks. The sword is 1/3 heavier than one would expect. Once per day, the user can cast the equivalent of spell *hold person* (Wisdom save DC 13) as the weight of the sky is holding the individual in place. The sword regains the ability each day at midnight.

Art Objects

* a fancy steel bracelet with a sleeping monster motif (50 gp)
* a magnificent rug featuring a bright blue maze populated with red minotaurs (75 gp)
* A gold-inlaid scroll case (200 gp) containing a scroll of *greater restoration*
* A golden ring, carved to look like intertwining leaves that hold the setting for a piece of green jade, carved in the shape of a blossoming flower (100 gp)
* Three matching items of jewelry: a gold-inlaid chain belt (100 gp) and two identical bracelets (25 gp each). If sold as a set, the three items have a combined value of 200 gp.
* Five matching pewter drinking tankards (5 gp each, or 35 gp if sold as a set),
* A golden incense burner, carved to resemble an angel in supplication and inlaid with black onyx (200 gp)
* A silver lantern with panes of rock crystal and carved hardwood handle, etched with a rising sun motif and studded with reflective quartz crystals (200 gp)
* A platinum cloak clasp, fashioned in two interconnecting parts – a comet and a moon (250 gp),
* A potion bottle (empty) carved from a single piece of green jade (200 gp)

Gems

A rosewood coffer lined with marten fur (50 gp), filled with the following gems (each valued at 50 gp):

* a dark gray bloodstone with red flecks
* a pale yellow citrine
* a translucent, apple-green chrysoprase
* an opaque blue jasper
* a star rose quartz
* a transparent blue zircon.

Coins

* 5,554 copper pieces
* 4,790 silver pieces
* 1,353 gold pieces
* 487 electrum pieces
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Re: Chapter 20: The Hoard of the Green Blight

Post by Lars Porsenna »

NukeHavoc wrote:Instrument of the Bards (Mac-Fuirmidh cittern): This stringed instrument (see: http://www.mandobar.com/cittern1.jpg) has a motif of flowering vines. You can use an action to play the instrument and cast one fits spells. Once the instrument has been used to cast a spell, it can't be used to cast that spell again until the next dawn. The spells use your spell casting ability and spell save DC. Spells: Fly, Invisibility, Protection from Evil and Good, Barkskin, Cure wounds, Fog Cloud. (Requires attunement)
Dibs!

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Hawkwind like
Ring of Free Action
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Three items left unclaimed:

* Ioun Stone of Protection
* Fire-Blessed Chain shirt of Resistance (Cold)
* Meteoric Short Sword
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Ioun Stone of Protection - Telthanas
Meteoric Sword - Finn

Unclaimed:

Chain shirt of Cold Resistance