Coin & Gem Treasure Distribution (2/28)

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
NukeHavoc

Coin & Gem Treasure Distribution (2/28)

Post by NukeHavoc »

There's a lot of coin and goods that haven't been distributed in a very long time. :)

Coin-wise, we are looking at 800 gp and 400 sp. We have 7 active PCs (people who've played in the campaign in the last three months or so). The share of that would be:

* 114 gp each
* 57 sp each

There is a boatload of valuables:

An emerald charm with a crow and a bell on the front and a scepter on the back. (100gp)
Bolt of Silver Cloth (300 gp)
Carved Wooden Staff studded with Electrum (100 gp)
Lacquered Wooden Comb inlaid with Brass (75 gp)
Small Bag of Exotic Spices (100 gp)
Box of Perfumed Candles (10 gp)
Jade locket worth 25gp
Ivory-framed small mirror worth 25gp
A medium-sized gold sculpture of a ring and a lizard. It is in decent condition (100gp)
Carved harp of exotic wood with ivory inlay and zircon gems; solid gold idol (10 lb.) (250gp)
Silver circlet in the form of a snake – its eyes are tiny emeralds, positioned in the middle of the wearer’s forehead (200gp)
polished wood ornate gem-studded chalice worth 750 gp
onyx-plated sword with a gemmed hilt worth 350 gp
1 Garnet (Precious), 500 gp
2 deep blue Spinels worth 300 gp each
Rich Golden piece of Amber (100gp)
Pale Green Chrysoberl (200gp)
Cracked and Flawed Peridot (150gp)

An emerald charm with a crow and a bell on the front and a scepter on the back. (100gp)
Bolt of Silver Cloth (300 gp)
Carved Wooden Staff studded with Electrum (100 gp)
Lacquered Wooden Comb inlaid with Brass (75 gp)
Small Bag of Exotic Spices (100 gp)
Box of Perfumed Candles (10 gp)
Jade locket worth 25gp
Ivory-framed small mirror worth 25gp
A medium-sized gold sculpture of a ring and a lizard. It is in decent condition (100gp)
Carved harp of exotic wood with ivory inlay and zircon gems; solid gold idol (10 lb.) (250gp)
Silver circlet in the form of a snake – its eyes are tiny emeralds, positioned in the middle of the wearer’s forehead (200gp)
Rich Golden piece of Amber (100gp)
Pale Green Chrysoberl (200gp)
Cracked and Flawed Peridot (150gp)

Brigga would like the box of candles. Taking out that 10 gp, the grand total for this haul is 5115 gp.

The only place in town that could buy this stuff would be Hobbes Wonders. However, Brigga strongly suspects -- based on her experiences there -- that they'd only pay her about 1/4 of its list value. Thus, we need our good friend the dragonborn Balasar, to do the negotiating. They *love* him, and he has a much better chance of getting a better price.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Re: Coin & Gem Treasure Distribution (2/28)

Post by EvilGenius »

*Haupt's Wonders

Owner, Bern Haupt. He lives in the big mansion at the north east corner of town.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Bannock is all for selling the party's collection of treasures and dividing the loot.

To that end, until we can get our master bargainer to assist in the transaction, perhaps we could explore Farweald a bit more. I am newly joined your company, and haven't spent as much time in the town as you all have. Brigga, I saw the two establishments you shopped at, and Mordai has some tales of the Invisibles past the meeting I attended with you, but what else goes on in town?

Brigga, while they make an amazing stew at the Tinker's Rest, and I spent a comfortable night there, perhaps we could find another establishment that would allow me to keep Cur closer. In fact, rather than all stay in such disparate places, perhaps there is a place we could all stay - another establishment, an empty house looking for tenants, or some such. In fact, perhaps we could barter some of this treasure and buy a place to call our own base in town, and get a better value for some of the loot while we are at it? And, if the Oracle returns, perhaps a place of our own would keep the good innkeeps and others we have met from harm if we are not lodged in their establishments.

And, do we as a party have any other contacts in town? I heard you say as we went out to explore the Oracle's altar that you knew a woodsman who was friendly with the tree-cutters we passed. Who else have we met? Are their temples or shrines in town? A gambling house or other public house that people frequent? What notable citizenry have we met? Have we met anyone who is connected to any of us and our past selves (either individually or as a group)?
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Hmmmm, good questions all ........ :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

If I remember right, we haven't been able to sell the loot listed above?
We also haven't explored more of the town.
Perhaps we can sell all this when we get back into Farweald? Even if at a loss. It'll probably help our standing in town to stimulate the local economy.
Maybe donate some to the tieflings, even?
Or, like bundle the harp in with the magic bagpipes if we can find anyone to buy that?
Just some thoughts...
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:If I remember right, we haven't been able to sell the loot listed above?
We also haven't explored more of the town.
Perhaps we can sell all this when we get back into Farweald? Even if at a loss. It'll probably help our standing in town to stimulate the local economy.
Maybe donate some to the tieflings, even?
Or, like bundle the harp in with the magic bagpipes if we can find anyone to buy that?
Just some thoughts...
Back in the day, Brigga would have fought to get every last gold piece of value from the treasure. Since then though, she has other, more pressing (and more disturbing concerns).

"Stimulate the economy? Help the tieflings? Sure. Fine. Take the loss, Not the dwarven way, but I'm not the person I used to be. None of us are..."
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Also, reminder we have all this stuff to unload, and once back in town we might need to explore and learn more about the people and places within Farweald.

Bannock can't imagine that all that we are learning about our past selves and what transpired is not in some way connected to this town and its folk. Our previous homes even seem to surround this place. Any questions we can find answers to once we return should help illuminate our situation, if Pelor sees fit to shine his light with us and not against us.
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Onarra is interested on Bannock's take on 'excess' treasure, and sympathetic with Brigga's natural inclinations as well:

"Let's maximize our liquid assets, take stock of our weaknesses, and purchase or trade for what we need. For the rest, there is a glaring opportunity here to not only generate good-will, but make some new friends. Gold may not buy many answers, but new allies with heavier purses will generate a network of eyes and ears we currently lack."

"I'm not abreast of the hero situation in this region, but if there were a bard about, we could do worse than exchanging these magnificent instruments for aid or information."

I honestly have no idea if Onarra has any money on her person, or what the town offers in terms of adventuring gear. I'll look back on the thread to clarify.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Fen's Ego wrote:I honestly have no idea if Onarra has any money on her person, or what the town offers in terms of adventuring gear. I'll look back on the thread to clarify.
In talking with the party on the way back to Farweald, everyone is refreshed on the following things:

1) Farweald is a large town, about 2000 people.
2) Farweald is pretty remote and largely self contained.
3) Farweald has a largish population of tieflings, a remnant from their shameful past willing affiliation with Iuz the Old (a demon lord born on Oerth who engaged in a war of conquest during the Greyhawk Wars).
4) Tieflings in town are very much an oppressed minority.
5) There are no dragonborn in town anymore but the townspeople are very well disposed toward dragonborn.
6) Farweald inhabitants are very superstitious about magic. There are no known wizards or clerics or spellcasters of any type in town.
7) The PCs don't have any incredibly obvious spellcasters among you but many townfolk give the PCs a wide berth anyway. The open practice of magic in town might get you lynched.
8 ) There is no place in town in which you can purchase magical items, though you were able to trade a few potions to the tieflings in return for a few scrolls, once.
9) Standard adventuring gear is available but is pretty expensive.
10) Also, there is a potter in town who uses a proprietary alchemical process to create unbreakable pottery.
11) There does appear to be some sort of badguy infiltration into town. The PCs chased out (and later defeated) a jackalwere.
12) Some other supernatural monster attacked half of the party one time.
13) There is a young woman who went missing from town shorty after the PCs arrived. She's the daughter of one of the town councilors.
14) The town constable seems to be an honorable man. He enlisted the PCs help.
15) The PCs have had good relations with the tieflings in town.
16) The PCs have received assistance from a few other people in town on small matters.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jonkga wrote:Bannock can't imagine that all that we are learning about our past selves and what transpired is not in some way connected to this town and its folk. Our previous homes even seem to surround this place. Any questions we can find answers to once we return should help illuminate our situation, if Pelor sees fit to shine his light with us and not against us.
This is a great point. Our previously-more-powerful selves lived all around here. Why do none of the townsfolk recognize us? Surely the people we used to be had some commerce with Farweald??
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

erilar wrote:
Jonkga wrote:Bannock can't imagine that all that we are learning about our past selves and what transpired is not in some way connected to this town and its folk. Our previous homes even seem to surround this place. Any questions we can find answers to once we return should help illuminate our situation, if Pelor sees fit to shine his light with us and not against us.
This is a great point. Our previously-more-powerful selves lived all around here. Why do none of the townsfolk recognize us? Surely the people we used to be had some commerce with Farweald??

Hmm, that IS an interesting point. The only clue that you've uncovered so far that may touch on this is from Mordai's Journal:
Reaping, CY 646
Dammed fools! (literally!) I don’t see why we have to leave that stupid little nothing of a town alone!! I could claim all of their souls in a damned afternoon all by myself!! He better watch his damn back ….
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

During our rest in the former basement of Jareth's tower, I assume the party discussed their situation, and reviewed the information they have so far.

To that end, while they are traveling back to Farweald, Bannock will disucss the following:

So, it seems we have come to terms with the fact that we are clones (eyeing Brigga, Bannock will mutter "some less than others" to Jareth), our previous selves seemed to have different professions, and we all seemed to work for this Master doing some probably nefarious deeds. We seem to have been based around Farweald. Many of us, all (?), have had dreams or visions about what we were like and or our previous lives. We seem to have discovered four places tied to our previous lives, and found at least three items tied significantly to our before selves.

We also have the Journals.

Mordai's journal warns us away from Farweald. That makes me think the Master could be connected to the town, maybe even live there.
His journal also mentions a name: Amadi. Does anyone know this name?

Hackett the Jackalwere's journal mentions the name Quirinseryu as someone to be hunted. Do we know that name?
He mentions the Dragonborn, and possibly being in league with the Dragonborn. Perhaps they aren't the saints the town takes them for?
He uses the term cousins a great deal. Perhaps there are more were-creatures in town? Do we have a way to discern this?
He mentions the name K'Sograh. Do we know the person he said bears this mark?
He also mentions the name Hravja, and so does the coded journal we found.
He mentions a Giants' lair. Have we explored for this nearby?

The Dragonborn's jounral mentions burning someone with acid. Perhaps a black dragonkin?
He also mentions an Effeeti lord. And that Lonz was involved in bringing the girl to him. Have we confronted this Lonz?
Also, Hackett was mentioned as talking to Haupt. I know Dendy Hawkins was running Haupt's shop in town last we were there. Has anyone seen/talked to Haupt?

We have the coded journal we can't figure out all the entries.
It does mention the name Hravja, and seems to indicate that it is a flameskull. Is that the one you destroyed? It seemed to be working with Hackett.

Miette's journal mentioned a Gwen/Gwendolyn. Our companion. Possibly given to the Efreeti lord. Is this the fate that awaits the girl from town? To what end?
She mentions Quirin. Same as Quirinseryu? With silver hair, and a mage of sorts, maybe.
She also mentions Erk's tower, and his apprentice Ulheln. But this is not one of the locations we've found yet, correct? Does anyone remember Ulheln? Would he be in town?

We need answers. Asking around in town is sure to provoke the locals, and may not be wise. But, I know of no other way than shining the light onto dark places to uncover the truth. Does anyone have any other means/ideas?

Are any of our mages/spellcasters able to divine and/or scry or anything of the like?

Also, we know a red dragonborn escaped us when we fought the gnolls, and The Oracle (whatever that fell creature was) escaped as well, and before we could learn anything from it.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

As you talk amongst yourselves there are a few points that you can clarify (which may not be accurately remembered because they happened a while ago, IRL).

1) The name Amadi is not familiar to any of you.
2) Jareth was also musing on the mysterious Quirinseyu viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5114
3) The party knows that there were two Dragonborn who lived in town previously, a Red and a Black.
4) It is apparent that the Black dragonborn is the one who was put in charge of the kobolds, helped to kidnap Leigha, and designed the logjam trap that nearly killed a few of you.
5) The Jackalwere's use of 'cousins' seemed to be related to the tieflings in town (the jackalwere is a demonic creature, tied to Yeenoghu).
6) If there are other lycanthropes in town, Bannock's dagger may be of assistance ....
7) No one has met Bern Haupt.
8) The main party HAS met Lonz. Lonz is the smartass drover who picked up the party on the outskirts of Tenh and hired them on to protect his wagons full of trade goods headed back to Farweald.
9) The flameskull you encountered at the Standing Stones referred to Erk as his Master, sort of the way that Alisar refers to Jareth as his Master. It seemed that the flameskull was implying that he was Erk's former apprentice.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Been wondering if Hravja might be the weird creature that attacked several of the party members (outside the inn? I can't find that history entry). See the link Bob posted above.

I am suspicious that Quirinseyru might be the name of our former master. Again, see the link Bob posted. Wondering if he might be a dragon in human form, per his description??
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:Been wondering if Hravja might be the weird creature that attacked several of the party members (outside the inn? I can't find that history entry). See the link Bob posted above.
Agreed. I had thought it might have been the Flameskull, but that looks to have been Ulheln, or another of Erk's apprentices. Discovering who Hravja is/was might be very useful info.
Last edited by Jonkga on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.