Chapter 27: Emmisaries to the Governing Council

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
setanta14

Chapter 27: Emmisaries to the Governing Council

Post by setanta14 »

Although you were not successful in achieving a favorable vote, the measure wasn't struck down either, and has been postponed for later discussion pending the gathering of further information.

For extensive excellent role-playing, the complex and lengthy skill challenge that was the parliamentary debate before the Governing Council, and following up on leads for swaying as many votes as possible, XP: 1700 each

Talthanas and Odothar have now attained Level 7 as well!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 27: Emmisaries to the Governing Council

Post by NukeHavoc »

Odothar picked two new maneuvers and the "know your enemy" martial archetype feature.

Martial archetype feature

Know Your Enemy: If you spend at laest 1 minute observing or interacting with another creature outside of combat, you can learn certain information about its capabilities compared to your own. The DM tells you if the creature is your equal, superior, or inferior in regard to two of the following characteristics of your choice:

* Strength score
* Dexterity score
* Constitution score
* Armor Class
* Current hit points
* Total class levels (if any)
* Fighter class levels (if any)

Maneuvers

Precision Attack: When you make a weapon attack roll against a creature, you can expend one superiority die to add it to the roll. You can use this maneuver before or after making the roll, but before any effects of the attack are applied.

Pushing Attack: When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to attempt to drive the target back. You add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll, and if the target is Large or smaller, it must make a strength Saving throw. On a failed save, you push the target up to 15 feet away from you.

Alignment Change

Finally, Odothar's alignment is changing to Lawful Good. Effectively that's the way I've been playing him, and I think he's come to see the value of creating law-and-order in the chaos of the Pomarj. A live-and-let-live attitude is simply not sufficient to keep people save in Obsidian Bay.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 27: Emmisaries to the Governing Council

Post by NukeHavoc »

Telthanas picked up invisibility as his new 2nd level spell for Arcane Trickster. He also gained the evasion ability (when you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dex saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail).

His sneak attack damage increased to 4d6. He's also now attuned to three magic items, which is the max he can be attuned to:

* Petrified Rabbit's Foot (Stone of Luck)
* Ioun Stone of Protection (+1 AC and +1 saves)
* Pearl of Power (Recover one spell a day of level 3 or lower)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange