Episode 21.75: Farweald: New Dawn

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
User avatar
Fen's Ego
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Easton, PA

Re: Episode 21.75: Farweald: New Dawn

Post by Fen's Ego »

erilar wrote:Jareth agrees to help lead the hunting party

He pulls Onarra aside and requests her aid during the hunting expeditions. In particular, Jareth shares that he has agreed to escort the dragonling Cyvos on a hunt, as Beltane has relayed that the dragon it itching to spread its wings, as it were.
When Jareth mentions Cyvos, Onarra's face lights up. "That...would be my great pleasure." You can see that the invitation alone has knocked some of the tension from her normally tightly wound composure. "Count me in."
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

User avatar
Fen's Ego
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Easton, PA

Re: Episode 21.75: Farweald: New Dawn

Post by Fen's Ego »

EvilGenius wrote:No one is left of the Council. Two are dead, one is revealed to be Hravja, who has fled Farweald. Constable Tierney is in temporary command of the town until a new Council is chosen. No one from town has really started thinking about that yet but they should, soon.
OOC: Do we believe that there is a real Bern Haupt who is either long dead or tucked away somewhere? Or was it always Hravja, and the lineage of Gwendolyn and Leigha (and thus their alliances and choices) are even murkier than before? Or is that information still unclear?
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

User avatar
EvilGenius
Posts: 5926
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: Episode 21.75: Farweald: New Dawn

Post by EvilGenius »

Fen's Ego wrote:
EvilGenius wrote:No one is left of the Council. Two are dead, one is revealed to be Hravja, who has fled Farweald. Constable Tierney is in temporary command of the town until a new Council is chosen. No one from town has really started thinking about that yet but they should, soon.
OOC: Do we believe that there is a real Bern Haupt who is either long dead or tucked away somewhere? Or was it always Hravja, and the lineage of Gwendolyn and Leigha (and thus their alliances and choices) are even murkier than before? Or is that information still unclear?
When I get around to posting Hravja’s Journals this weekend, you will easily discover that when Hravja arrived in town (shortly after the disastrous Ritual which stole a piece of your souls and exploded the Well of Many Worlds), He promptly killed and ate the real Bern Haupt, taking his place in town.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!

User avatar
Jonkga
Posts: 4064
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Episode 21.75: Farweald: New Dawn

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:Jareth agrees to help lead the hunting party

He pulls Onarra aside and requests her aid during the hunting expeditions. In particular, Jareth shares that he has agreed to escort the dragonling Cyvos on a hunt, as Beltane has relayed that the dragon it itching to spread its wings, as it were.

Jareth’s thoughts are to have Cyvos join one of the hunts - both to further acclimate the townsfolk with its presence, to broaden their appreciation for magical creatures, and to surround the young dragon with more friendly bows and axes should some mishap occurs during the hunt.

Once hearing Onarra’s reply, Jareth will approach Bannock about the dragon joining a hunting foray.
Bannock is hesitant about the suggestion of bringing the young dragon out among the townsfolk, especially exposed outside of the town wall, but upon hearing Jareth's logic, he comes around to the idea, and agrees it would indeed be a good thing, for all the reasons Jareth innumerates.

Perhaps, then, it would be best to make our way out away from town, and then hunt our way back towards the town, so that we are headed towards safety should anything untowards occur.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost

User avatar
EvilGenius
Posts: 5926
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: Episode 21.75: Farweald: New Dawn

Post by EvilGenius »

With some decisions made about the hunting party, you all agree to go hunting the following day. Bannock has rounded up five volunteers who seem like they may have some relevant skills. Jareth will be safeguarding the silver dragon wyrmling, Cyvos. And Onarra is simply overjoyed at the prospect of hunting in the woods again.

The hunting party will be a mini play-by-post side quest that I'll start this week.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!

User avatar
EvilGenius
Posts: 5926
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: Episode 21.75: Farweald: New Dawn

Post by EvilGenius »

EvilGenius wrote:With some decisions made about the hunting party, you all agree to go hunting the following day. Bannock has rounded up five volunteers who seem like they may have some relevant skills. Jareth will be safeguarding the silver dragon wyrmling, Cyvos. And Onarra is simply overjoyed at the prospect of hunting in the woods again.

The hunting party will be a mini play-by-post side quest that I'll start this week.
Actually, scratch the play-by-post. We'll handle that in session next time. The scenario grew bigger as I developed it. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!

Post Reply