Dark City Scenario for Nuke(m)Con

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
setanta14

Dark City Scenario for Nuke(m)Con

Post by setanta14 »

So, I was thinking about an adventure with maybe a little bit of investigaton/research, and a whole lot of dungeon crawl... probably in Blue and/or the Pomarj frontier.

What are other people's thoughts about the type of adventure that they'd like to play in? Urban Blue? Wilderness? Urban OB? RttOM (Return to the Obsidian Maze)?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Urban OB!!!! :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Urban OB. Definitely urban. I say this primarily 'cause I'll finally have a chance to play Thom as a full-PC, and his skills (such as they are) work best in the city.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Third-ed. Urban OB.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

ATTN: Bill

Post by setanta14 »

Ok... Urban OB it is.

Bill, if you intend to play in this event, I guess you'll need to create a (2nd or 3rd level?) PC, 30 points to buy stats with, and use the expected character wealth table from the DMG and the starting equipment guidelines from the griffcrier yahoo group excel file.

To give you an idea of what you might like to play, here's the current Dark City PC line-up:

Bob-Prug: 1/2 Orc Monk/Cleric
Jon-Gruffudd(Griffith): 1/2 Elf Paladin
Nate-Salsar: Human Fighter
Nate-Vargas: Human Aristocrat/Fighter/(Wizard at 3rd level)
Damon-Corash: Elf Wizard
Ken-Thom: Human? Bard
Lance-Largo: Halfling Rogue

and James in absentia-Absalom: Human Druid
erilar

Post by erilar »

Bill, note that this campaign is heavily role-playing centric and city-based. Lots of investigating and character interaction stuff. Much less combat than our typical adventures, although it still happens. Personal interaction type skills very useful in this campaign.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer