ReJoining the Campaign

The Geoff/Sterich campaign.
EvilGenius

ReJoining the Campaign

Post by EvilGenius »

With my impending schedule change, I'll be rejoining the Friday night D&D campaign. Yay!

Since I got Ken's cool gnomish bard/ranger killed, I have to bring in a new character.

I'm throwing around some concepts, but I'm not sure who's still in the party. So let me know what we've got, and that'll help me focus on what will help the group best.
Last edited by EvilGenius on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Isn't this the campaign where we got characters from the A-Teamer's squad? I could make you up a follower of Erilar?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Bob,

my character is a 10th level ranger, follower of ragnar. Human geoffite, specializing in archery.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

10th level Elven Ranger/scout/Dark Hunter follower of Tanevir. I go both ways.

That is ranged (OATHBOW!) and two weapon fighting.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

This is that campaign, but I talked to Nate, I'm going to make up my own character.

I don't want to offend anyone, I like your characters. It's just that character creation is one of the most enjoyable parts of the game for me. I love crunching the numbers and min/maxing the concept and making sure there's a good roleplaying hook and then seeing how it all works out in the game.

So I'd really prefer to make my own character to play. He won't be a follower of any of my A Team characters (Kalib, Luc,Sven). I'm going to create a character who will "apply" for a position with someone else's character. That way, Nate's original concept of not being the "boss" of the character you're playing is still intact.

Again, I hope that doesn't offend anyone, because that's really not my intent.
erilar wrote:Isn't this the campaign where we got characters from the A-Teamer's squad? I could make you up a follower of Erilar?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So Nate, still a 9th level character? 30 point build? Same magical item starting equipment guidelines?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I was working on a concept I like, a Monk/Wizard. I was thinking about approaching Gideon for employement.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

This sounds good... the party lacks arcane casting ability (except bardic).

Would the monk/wizard be a follower of a particular god?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I'm still working on the concept. I'll prob be a devotee of someone specific, but I'm not sure yet. I was thinking about maybe Xan Ye, or whoever from the far NW. But then I really have to be Baklunish. I'm not sure if I want to go that route. I can also see doing Boccob or Delleb. Not sure. :)
setanta14 wrote:This sounds good... the party lacks arcane casting ability (except bardic).

Would the monk/wizard be a follower of a particular god?
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

There is a feat called the Ascetic Mage in the Complete Adventurer for Monk/Sorcerers. It allows for both classes to stack for the Monk's AC bonus. As a swift action if you give up a spell, you gain the spell's level to attack and damage. Plus, you get to multiclass between the sorcerer and monk.

Has anyone played the wu-jen?

- George
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I saw those feats, but I wasn't too thrilled with them. They seem to combine class abilities that are too diseparate for my tastes. I have a similar distaste for the feats in the arcane book that reduce/eliminate a mages armor check penalty when wearing successively heavier armors.

While the concepts wouldn't bother me in a different setting, as a core mechanic, in a Greyhawk setting, I think those kind of feats break the asthetic a bit.

If we were playing in a different setting, either home-brewed, or a Monte Cook setting or different published setting, then those things would be more palatable.

Hmm, just re-read that and it sounds a bit harsh. :) I don't mean it that way at all, because it IS a good suggestion. If the DM allows it, then use whatever rules are published. :) Just from a personal RP perspective, I'm going to stick closer to "core" mechanics.
T1Mirage wrote:There is a feat called the Ascetic Mage in the Complete Adventurer for Monk/Sorcerers. It allows for both classes to stack for the Monk's AC bonus. As a swift action if you give up a spell, you gain the spell's level to attack and damage. Plus, you get to multiclass between the sorcerer and monk.

Has anyone played the wu-jen?

- George
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

No offense taken. I completely understand.

And to your point, yes use whatever rules are published... as long as it fits your style, campaign, etc.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

posting here for reference:

Monk’s belt 13k
Periapt of Wis +2 4k
Gloves of Dex +2 4k
Ring of Sustenance 2.5K

Wands
Detect Secret Doors 375g
Mage Armor 375g
Shield 375g
True Strike 375g