HeroClix: Galactus

The forum for little figures blowing up other little figures.
NukeHavoc

HeroClix: Galactus

Post by NukeHavoc »

With Bob's shift changing back to Tuesdays, we have the opportunity to start doing some midweek gaming again. :)

I think the time has come to kick Galactus' shiny metal ass (or die trying). Normally I'd suggest doing this as NukemCon, but Bob probably won't be there during the day, and we can do it sooner if we play on a weeknight.

So ... once Bob's shift changes, I suggest a Tuesday night Clix smackdown. I'm starting this thread so we can start planning armies and such (and figure out who wan'ts to join in the battle).

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!1
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I think we should take on this version of Galactus to start:
Hungry Galactus (1,200 Points)
The 1,200-point Galactus uses the Starving and Hungry combat dials. Hungry Galactus is suited for two players with a build total of 600 points, three players with a build total of 400 points, or four players with a build total of 300 points.
This way we can easily build 300 and 400 point armies, and then use which ever ones we have enough players for. This is also the only build that accommodates 4 players.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yes, if we anticipate 3-4 players, this is the best. It allows us to build individual armies with enough points to have a reasonable chance against him.

And a word about the build of those armies. Low point figures probably need not apply. You need to have some serious damage reduction powers here to stand a chance.
NukeHavoc wrote:I think we should take on this version of Galactus to start:
Hungry Galactus (1,200 Points)
The 1,200-point Galactus uses the Starving and Hungry combat dials. Hungry Galactus is suited for two players with a build total of 600 points, three players with a build total of 400 points, or four players with a build total of 300 points.
This way we can easily build 300 and 400 point armies, and then use which ever ones we have enough players for. This is also the only build that accommodates 4 players.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Speaking of characters who need not apply, Galactus is immune to a bunch of special powers:
Powers and Abilities
Galactus ignores the Force Blast, Incapacitate, Mind Control, Plasticity,
Poison, Shape Change, Stealth, and Support powers, as well as team abilities that duplicate these powers.

Galactus cannot be moved by Telekinesis, but it can be the target of a
Telekinesis attack.

When Galactus uses Energy Explosion or Pulse Wave, its damage value
becomes equal to the number of combat dials it started with at the beginning of the game (Starving: 1, Hungry: 2, Mighty: 3).

When Galactus is the target of Outwit or Perplex, roll one six-sided die. On a result of 5 or 6, Galactus ignores that use of Outwit or Perplex.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yeah, he's fun. 2 damage Pulse Wave, which ignores all team abilities and powers. Yay. :)
NukeHavoc wrote:Speaking of characters who need not apply, Galactus is immune to a bunch of special powers:
Powers and Abilities
Galactus ignores the Force Blast, Incapacitate, Mind Control, Plasticity,
Poison, Shape Change, Stealth, and Support powers, as well as team abilities that duplicate these powers.

Galactus cannot be moved by Telekinesis, but it can be the target of a
Telekinesis attack.

When Galactus uses Energy Explosion or Pulse Wave, its damage value
becomes equal to the number of combat dials it started with at the beginning of the game (Starving: 1, Hungry: 2, Mighty: 3).

When Galactus is the target of Outwit or Perplex, roll one six-sided die. On a result of 5 or 6, Galactus ignores that use of Outwit or Perplex.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Count me in.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer