Chapter 8: Beneath the Gold Goblin

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Chapter 8: Beneath the Gold Goblin

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'll post XP later this week. To sum up: the heroes screwed up Saul's gold delivery to a purple-skinned, white-haired elf lurking in the caverns beneath the Gold Goblin, forcing him to go see her in person. On his return, they ambushed him in the shaft leading up to the Goblin, subduing him, taking him to see Clegg, and forcing him to spill what he knew.

Apparently the elf was conducting some sort of alchemical/metallurgical analysis of the Cypher Gate, which turns out to be more of a Cypher Ring as it continues beneath the surface of the ground (this is a major discovery -- no one knew this before). She was using an adamantine drill to extract samples of the gate for some unknown purpose.

The heroes didn't confront her, and have not yet returned to the caverns where she apparently operated. Any plans to do so were stopped by the disappearance of the Blot, and the subsequent arrival of a meteor that went streaking high over Riddleport and smashed into the ocean several miles off shore. It's impact sent a tidal wave surging into Riddleport, smashing ships and buildings.

Clegg, not caring about the destruction, announces he's going to find a ship and take it out to sea to hunt down the star metal from the meteorite that fell to earth.

Unresolved questions:

1. What was the elf doing? Where is her secret cavern?

2. Did the meteorite hit land?

3. Can the heroes seize control of the Gold Goblin (and do they want to?)

4. What will become of Saul?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Re: Chapter 8: Beneath the Gold Goblin

Post by setanta14 »

And if discovering that the Cypher Gate is really a complete ring doesn't get Phil into the Cyphermage Guild, nothing will.
erilar

Post by erilar »

setanta14 wrote:And if discovering that the Cypher Gate is really a complete ring doesn't get Phil into the Cyphermage Guild, nothing will.
Phil has been unable to speak in complete sentences ever since Jheru posed that theory. :D
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Active XP

Jheru: 1300
Skender: 1300
Phil: 1300
Jorm: 1300

Passive XP

Korlandril: 700
Tholyr: 700
Emeryon Star-seeker: 700
Matrin: 700
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I am so looking forward to seeing you all and gaming with you tonight. Let the dice fall where they may! :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

w00t!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer