Chapter 9: The Voyage Home

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
NukeHavoc

Chapter 9: The Voyage Home

Post by NukeHavoc »

After a harrowing journey to Gryrax, capitol of the Principality of Ulek, our heroes have successfully negotiated trade deals to bring much needed foodstuffs and lumber to Obsidian Bay. That's not all they were able to do though. Their search for supplies brought them to Mardok Redblade, the young, opportunistic dwarf who's clan rose to prominence in the Hateful Wars. He came of age while his father and brothers were off fighting the orc menace. They all died in the effort, leaving him as the new patriarch of a diminished clan.

He had been gathering other young, like-minded dwarves to his banner, and when Burgell Nackle came to him, Redblade knew it was time to act. He told the gnome that he would assemble a dwarven expeditionary force of 100 allies and liegemen and bring them to Obsidian Bay. There they would help with the reconstruction and continue the fight against the goblinoid invaders.

It is now Freeday, Coldeven 15, CY 515. The Scorpion is heavily loaded with relief supplies -- food and lumber. CaptainRaris Armbruster has hired on new crew members to replace those killed by goblin and harpy attacks on the way to Gryrax.

One of these is Roaryk, a sailor who'd served on Armbruster's ship in the past. The young human was in Gryrax on his own business when he heard Armbruster's call for sailors. Eager to help his former captain, and needing a ride back to Obsidian Bay, Roaryk signed up.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Re: Chapter 8: The Voyage Home

Post by setanta14 »

After the negotiations, Tanevir had asked about finding a way of sending word ahead magically if possible to inform the Griffins Guild leadership of our successful deal struck with the dwarves, and a rough timeframe of when to expect us back so we could avoid anarchy at the docks when starving people see shiploads of supplies arrive, and make it an orderly affair. Was he able to accomplish this? And if so, with whom? [as sometime soon Tanevir will begin his wizardly studies, and it may matter]

Also, preparing the wax earplugs for the return voyage past the Harpy Isles may be prudent.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:After the negotiations, Tanevir had asked about finding a way of sending word ahead magically if possible to inform the Griffins Guild leadership of our successful deal struck with the dwarves, and a rough timeframe of when to expect us back so we could avoid anarchy at the docks when starving people see shiploads of supplies arrive, and make it an orderly affair. Was he able to accomplish this? And if so, with whom? [as sometime soon Tanevir will begin his wizardly studies, and it may matter]
Redblade scoffs. "Magic is for the weak. A strong arm, a strong blade -- these are the warrior's weapons! Still, you raise a good point. i'll dispatch three of my fastest ravens to my cousin Mordus Ironfist in Obsidian Bay. He owns a foundry there; good solid dwarf who'll know what to do. It should only take about two days for them to reach the city; more than enough time for you and the Scorpion to get back.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Moved to the right saga...
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

This isn't the Voyage Home. I missed that. My ranger is from Gryrax! lol
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 9: The Voyage Home

Post by NukeHavoc »

Saga posted to the Crier: http://wiki.griffcrier.com/index.php?ti ... oyage_Home

Here are the important bits. :)

==Experience==
Player Characters
* Burgell: 825 xp
* Tanevir: 825 xp
* Roaryk: 825 xp

==Loot==

===Coins===
* 3,420 Copper
* 565 Silver
* 271 Gold
* 37 Electrum
* 11 Platinum

===Art objects===
* 10 bloodstones worth 50 gp each.
* satin mask of a crying angel. Silver thread highlights the masks details, including a shower of tears falling from right eye. It is worth 50 gp.
* Jade pair of dice (worked with diabolic numerals instead of normal pips) worth 50 gp
* exotic wood locket worth 150gp
* A figuring of an exotic bird carved from smoky glass. The glass appears to have formed from sand struck by lightning. Worth 100 gp

===Magic items===
* Spell scroll (cantrip) - Poison Spray (warlock)
* Potion of Healing (x2)
* Potion of Climbing
* Spell scroll (1st level) - Silent Image (wizard)
* Spell scroll (2nd level) - Phantasmal Force (bard)
* A mirrored shield featuring stylized, seemingly angelic wings.
* The Tome of the Golden Gate (500-2000 gp, depending on the buyer): A thick book with a gold-plated cover crafted to look like a golden gate. A stylized lock appears in the center of the faux gate, and a complex halo of flames radiates from it, writhing around the bars like fiery tentacles. The lock has a small depression where the key would go; careful examination reveals a tiny pin inside the depression. A residue of dried blood clings to the needle and the inside of the lock.
* A large (5 foot by 5 foot) slate with the symbol of Belial carved into it.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So for monetary shares we get:

1st Share
489gp
4 bloodstones (50gp each, 200gp total)

2nd share
489gp
3 bloodstones (50gp each, 150gp total)
Satin mask of weeping angel (50gp)

3rd Share
489gp
3 bloodstones (50gp each, 150gp total)
Jade dibolic dice (50gp)

Left Over
20cp, 5sp, 1ep
Glass bird figurine ??
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

For magical loot, I'm interested in:

Warlock scroll (cantrip, poison spray)
Potion of healing OR climbing

And we have to have the Slate and Tome Identified.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote: Glass bird figurine ??
The bird is worth 100 gp.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Minor retcon: The name of the pirate vessel during the adventure was Hades' Wrath, but that's actually a separate location in the D&D cosmology, so I'm changing it to Hell's Wrath.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Tanevir took the "Shield of Micah" (+1 mirrored shield, glows when near diabolic presence)

He also took a Potion of Healing, and Climbing.

He's interested in the exotic wood locket.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Looks like Tanevir and Burgell should have levelled before tonight's adventure!
NukeHavoc wrote:Saga posted to the Crier: http://wiki.griffcrier.com/index.php?ti ... oyage_Home

Here are the important bits. :)

==Experience==
Player Characters
* Burgell: 825 xp
* Tanevir: 825 xp
* Roaryk: 825 xp
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Nate, it was 1 potion each. I think you took Climbing, but you did have a Potion of Healing from the pirate adventures from last week.

Roaryk took a potion of healing. And after someone talked sense into Robertson, Roaryk opted for the Immovable Rod. :)
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Yup, Healing from previous week, Climbing from last, and Hill Giant Strength from this week.

Who took (or is carrying) Bag of Holding?
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Burgell has the bag.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/